aspiring to live life out of LOVE and not FEAR

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Healthier Beer Bread

I've been on the hunt for an easy, healthy bread recipe.  Beer breads are quick and I love their coarse, rustic texture and crispy top.  I've played around with several this week and have finally tweaked this one to a point that I think even my white bread hubby will eat it!  I've chosen a non-alcoholic beer because it still contains 0.5% alcohol, about 90% of which bakes out.  I just feel better feeding my family bread that has no unwanted extras in it. Try it and I hope you'll like it!


Healthier Beer Bread


1.5 cups all purpose flour
½ cup white whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. golden flaxseed meal
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
12 oz. non-alcoholic beer
1 Tbsp. butter, melted

Whisk dry ingredients together, then stir in beer.  Pour into a loaf pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray. Cover and allow to rest 30 minutes. Melt butter and pour over the top of dough. Bake 30-40 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. I am gonna give this a try. Have you ever done it with ginger ale. Years ago, I used to make a "beer" bread with gingerale instead of the beer....but it was pre-kidlet, and I don't remember what I did. HA!

    ReplyDelete